AccommodationThere are many hotels in Tokyo downtown area so that you can easily book your preferred place via online booking services (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia, venere.com) with reasonable price. Here are some useful information for you to make a good choice.
=== Information ===
The nearest stations (subway) to the conference hall are Hongo-sanchome (Marunouchi Line), Hongo-sanchome (Oedo Line), and Kasuga (Mita Line). It will be convenient to book a hotel near subway stations of the above lines or lines connecting to the three lines. Because some subway/train lines in Tokyo can get extremely crowded during morning rush hour, we do not recommend hotels far away from the conference hall. Following websites are useful to check stations and line connections.
- Train Route Finder: http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/
- Metro (Subway): http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/index.html
- Guide: http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ride/guide/index.html#anc02
- Map: http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/index.html
- Transfer Planner: http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/search/index.php
- Toei Bus: http://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/eng/services/bus.html
=== Support ===
A limited number of rooms may be available at the following hotels nearby the conference venue. If you have problem on making reservation by yourself, please contact LOC with the following information. (1) Name, (2) Check-in date, (3) Check-out date, (4) Smoking/non-smoking, and (5) Comments to Hotel or LOC.
- Forest Hongo (in a 5 minutes walk from the Ito Research Center)
- Suigetsu Hotel Ohgaiso (Japanese page only)
View SPICA Science Conference 2013 Hotel Map in a larger map
=== Link ===
- Largest online hotels & ryokans booking sites in Japan
Highest class hotel, about 10 min by taxi to the conference hall. Conference discount is available by saying that you are a participant of SPICA conference held at Ito-hall, the Univerisyt of Tokyo. Please make reservation directly.
One of the biggest commercial hotel chains. Reasonable room rate.